10 Beauty Tips to Breeze Through Summer
Summer is here. You want to spend more time outdoors, soaking up the sun on beaches, poolsides and gardens. You want to take those long drives, enjoying the wind and sun in your face. You want to plan trips to amusement parks with your kids. You want to put away your sweaters & boots and show off your skin. And of course, you want to skin to look glowing and healthy through it all.
Frankly, summers can be harsh on your skin. As heat and humidity rise, oil glands get hyperactive. Oily patches, rashes, pimples, sunburn, roughness, patchiness – they all make an appearance in this season.
Here are 10 tips to help you look and feel your best this summer:
1. Prep for summer with a full-body microdermabrasion
2. Take care of your face: splash your face with water 3-4 times a day to keep it clean and hydrated. Use a scrub once a week to get the grime, dust and sweat off but ensure the scrub suits your personal skin type.
3. Use sunscreen: UVA/UVB rays are especially damaging during the summer month when our exposure levels are higher. Sunscreens are a must but get one that soaks into the skin without leaving a white cast or getting heavy & oily. Apply it twice a day on all the exposed parts.
A diet rich in Vitamin C and E could also help reduce the potential for sunburn so tuck into citrus fruits, berries, tomato, nuts, etc.
4. Eyes & lips need care too: The sun can be extremely drying so use a rich lip balm to keep your lips soft and smooth. The delicate skin around the eyes should be given some TLC too – a good eye cream to help prevent wrinkles and some soothing cucumber slices or teabags to cool and moisturize the skin under the eyes.
5. Go minimal on makeup: Your skin needs to breathe in hot and humid weather. Avoid heavy makeup. Swap foundation with a tinted moisturizer and face powder. Use lip balms instead of lipsticks.
6. Exfoliate gently: It helps buff away dead skin cells, lightens sun tan and leaves you feeling refreshed and radiant. Try homemade scrubs or opt for a session at the spa. Either way, your skin will benefit.
7. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: Water is literally a life saver in the summer. Both inside and outside. Drink lots of water; take cool showers; splash water on your face; wash hands and feet frequently. It’ll keep your pores unclogged, skin hydrated and yourself feeling coooool!
8. Keep up the basic skin care: Follow the usual clean-tone-moisturize routine, even in summer. Although sweating causes open pores and oily secretions, moving in and out of airconditioned areas causes dryness too. Plus the sun’s UV rays can cause premature ageing and wrinkles. So if you think about it, sticking to the skincare routine before going to bed is even more important in the summer.
9. Remember hair care: The blazing sun will impact your hair, making it dry and frizzy. Don’t overwash it as this can dry out the natural oils even further. There are a number of sprays containing SPF that you can put on after you wash your hair. This is especially important if your tresses have been chemically treated.
10. Take professional help: Sometimes it makes sense to consult professionals to protect your skin and repair the damage caused by the sun. Don’t always try to do it yourself. Full body scrub, manicure & pedicure, facial mask, hair conditioning, de-tan treatments – such specialized treatments can do wonders for your beauty and wellbeing.
At Sanctuary Salon & Med Spa, you’ll find the best hair, body & facial treatments in Orlando. A leading day spa in Orlando, Fl., and Sanctuary’s highly qualified team of professionals takes the time to study every client’s personal conditions and understand individual requirements. They then suggest the ideal treatment or service. At Sanctuary, Orlando’s best salon & spa, you’ll be in safe and skilful hands!