How many times have you set out to give yourself a professional salon-quality blow dry, only to be left frustrated and frizzy with a brush stuck in your hair?
It is a common complaint, and though the best blow dry truly comes from a salon professional, these tips should help you seal the deal for your sleek new look.
The first and most important thing to remember is that product is your best friend. Your blow dryer is also a key component to getting the look you want. Without the right tools at your disposal, your hair won’t look its best.
Think about the last time your visited Sanctuary, hair salon and hair color studio in Orlando, Florida, your stylist probably used at least one or two products before blow-drying your hair. They may have even finished up with one or more products to really get your hair as beautiful as possible. Those products were chosen specifically for your hair texture and the look you were trying to achieve. Without them, coarse hair won’t stay smooth and fine hair won’t achieve maximum volume.
Here are some step by step guides to achieving the classic, voluminous blowout we’re all dying to achieve…even at home:
- Step 1: Towel dry hair to get as much moisture out as possible. Do not rub the hair, as this will add frizz and rough up your hair cuticle. Simply blot the hair with a towel.
- Step 2: Prep your hair! We recommend Davines OI Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion. It provides extraordinary shine and softness to the hair, detangles, and restructures your hair along with anti frizz.
- Step 3: Decide whether your hair needs volume and lift, straightening of curls or add shine. To get a smooth look for fine textured hair: Davines Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid. This relaxing creamy fluid controls hair helping to obtain a perfectly straight look and provides excellent support if used with hot tools. It also helps moisturize curls! If Volume is what you seek: Our stylist love Moroccanoil Thickening Lotion. It strengthens hair with quinoa proteins and thickens each individual strand for instant expansion and long lasting body for touchable, shiny hair without stickiness.
- Step 4: Dry your hair until approx 90% of the moisture is gone, either with a flat brush or with your fingers aiming your dryer downward on your hair, as this will keep from roughing up your hair cuticle which causes frizz and coarseness.
- Step 5: Section your hair. If your hair is course or thick you will want to take smaller sections. For finer, smoother hair, larger sections are ok. Start at the back, bottom section and work your way up taking time with each section so that the hair is thoroughly dry pulling the hair taut at the root to get it smooth. Once each section is dry, turn your cool shot on the hair to set the style in.
- Step 6: Finish your newly styled hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, Medium hold. It’s weightless and provides a natural look without sticky residue.
The best blow dries takes time to achieve the most beautiful results. Be patient, use your products to your advantage and remember that practice makes perfect.